Many people look forward to buying a newly built home, because it means that they are one step closer to achieving their dreams. Many of the measures taken to purchase a new home for construction are close to buying a resale, such as signing a contract and securing a loan. The main difference is that there are some additional steps to take when purchasing a new construction home. Some of the additional steps serve the luxury of getting to personalize your home, such as doing walk-throughs during the different stages of the building process.
Here are the 6 steps in the purchasing process for new construction homes:
- Securing a Loan. The first step in purchasing a new construction home is to get pre-approved for a loan before you sign a contract.
- Purchase Agreement. Once you figure out what you want to purchase, you will have to sign a contract with a builder.
- Meet with Builder. This is where you get to choose how you want your home to look.
- Walk-Throughs. Where you get to see your dreams become a reality. During the building process, you schedule multiple walk-throughs to check on the progress of your home.
- Closing. This stage is all about making sure all of your paperwork is completed properly. This is the final step in the process of your house being built.
- Purchasing Warranties. Once the house is completed, the builder will usually offer a few years of coverage over things that need to be fixed.
Whether you are purchasing a home for the first time or not, when you are involved in this new construction home process, it is important to stay in regular contact with your builder. You’ll want to always be aware of what is going on during the building, and ask any clarifying questions that you might have along the way. Contact us today if you or a loved one is looking to build a new home in Placer County.