For many families, right about now is the time to clear out some space in the front room and make way for the Christmas tree.
There are a variety of great places to get a tree this holiday season across Placer County.
To help you narrow it down, we compiled a list of some the best spots to get your holiday centerpiece. Here are some of the top Christmas tree farms in Placer County.
What to Expect: Every year around this time, this boutique shop opens up its farm and residents flock to pick out their favorite tree and take it home.
- Trees come in a variety of sizes at decent prices.
- The nearby gift shop allows customers to pick out some new ornaments and other holiday decorations.
- Deer Creek Farm is a non-profit home decor and gift store that employs and mentors at-risk and aged-out foster youth as part of a partnership with Compassion Planet.
Where: 5465 Pacific Street, Rocklin
What to Expect: Green Acres is a regional staple. Over the holidays, this nursery adds to its already impressive lineup of trees, flowers, plants and other outdoor vegetation and decorations, a wide range of Christmas trees to select from.
- The trees range in size from five feet all the way up to 13 feet.
- It is conveniently located near the Fountains and Galleria at Roseville if you want to get in some shopping while you are out.
- Check out the tree pricing here.
What to Expect: If you want the true tree experience, this is the place.
- At Pine Valley Ranch in Auburn, you can chop down your own Christmas tree.
- There also is a gift shop where wreath making takes place.
- There is a snack shop.
- For those who don’t want to cut their own, the ranch also sells pre-cut trees.
Where: 10680 Kemper Road, Auburn
What to Expect: This is another great place to cut down your own tree.
- There are silver tip and white fir trees available.
- Pre-cut trees also are for sale.
- Visitors can enjoy a complimentary cup of hot chocolate and candy cane.
- For a $4 charge, you can take a ride around the farm in a horse-drawn carriage.
- Sit by a bonfire and roast s’mores ($3 each or 2 for $5).