June 6, 2017 at 12:34 PM #2014
What areas do you recommend for families with small children?June 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM #2117
GREAT QUESTION, thank you!
There are sooooooooooooooooooo many great areas in Placer County for families with younger children. Here are a few of my favorite family friendly neighborhoods in Placer County (not in any particular order)…
1) Whitney Ranch – This is a great neighborhood in Rocklin with a good range of homes in sizes and prices. Highlights of Whitney Ranch include:
– Three parks (Whitney Park, Bolton Park, Brigham and Hawes Park) with lighted sports fields, large play structures, a water playground, basketball courts, covered picnic areas, a preschoolers playground, etc.
– Five miles of winding trails that provide picturesque views of the rolling Sierra Foothills.
– Resort style swimming facility and 10,000 square foot ranch house is available for use by residents of Whitney Ranch. There is a children’s splash area, spacious patio. There is also a lounge room with stone fireplace, surround-sound big screen TV and exhibition kitchen.
– SCHOOLS – Rocklin is known for great schools and Whitney Ranch does not disapoint. Within walking distance are three schools that are all rated a 10 out of 10 by great schools.org (Sunset Ranch Elementary, Granite Oaks Middle School, Whitney High School).
2) Lincoln Crossing – Located in Lincoln (hence the name), this is also a great neighborhood with lots of good stuff to offer and prices that are a little easier on the pocket book. Highlights include:
– Miles of bike trails throughout Lincoln Crossing (if you don’t like to bike you can walk too). These trails provide weave through 207 acres of nature preserves and provide residents with easy access to the nearby shopping and dinning. For more info you can click on this link to view the Lincoln Bike Trails Map.
– Goat grazing. Yes you read correctly, goat grazing. Every year the city of Lincoln lets thousands of goats loose (the areas are fenced) in their open spaces to provide natural maintenance and The city has a tool to track the goats whereabouts called the goat-o-matic 5000. Many families of Lincoln Crossing enjoy this time and take their kids down to check out the goats.
– 9,000-square-foot community recreation center, Club Lincoln, is at the heart of Lincoln Crossing. Complete with a competition-sized pool,state-of-the-fitness center,teen center, a spacious community room, a catering kitchen and a water playground for the kids. Residents of Lincoln Crossing love Club Lincoln.
3) Westpark – Located on the West side of Roseville, Westpark is one of the newest additions to Roseville where you can buy a resale home or a brand new home. Highlights include:
– SCHOOLS – Roseville is home to an award winning school district and Westpark has two highly rated newer schools located right inside the neihborhood. Junction Elementary School has been rated a 10 out of 10 on great schools.org and Chilton Middle School has been rated a 9 out of 10.
– Close to the best park in Roseville. Mahany Park is a local favorite with access to an all weather sports complex, baseball fields, batting cages, a dog park, a library, a preschoolers playground and an awesome forest themed playground for the bigger kids including a massive rope structure for climbing.
– 350 acres of open spaces and miles of trails. While Westpark is located within a short distance of the Galleria Mall and the Fountains, residents still get the full enjoyment of outdoor activities and foothill living at its finest.
Hope this helps and happy hunting. We look forward to seeing you around town!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.